Alcaston Gallery can provide formal insurance valuations and asset appraisals.
Beverly Knight is a registered Commonwealth of Australia Valuer and is approved to value Aboriginal paintings, ceramics, sculpture, textiles, and artifacts, including Hermannsburg watercolours for the Australian Government’s Cultural Gifts program.
Her valuations are considered expert advice and are an integral part of the Alcaston Gallery business. Rates for valuations are based on the time and effort to research current market conditions and achievable sale prices. Valuations can be for insurance purposes including irreplaceable value, sale (i.e. current market value), and gift/estate planning. Quotes for valuations vary according to artwork provenance, sales history and images or sighting actual works to be considered.
Please note that off the cuff valuations are strictly not given. Authentication of artworks is a different process to a valuation and Beverly Knight reserves the right not to value or authenticate artworks with insecure provenance.
Individual valuations are provided for a fee from AUD$175 per artwork. Valuations of whole collections are charged as per quote.
To obtain a quote for your valuation please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details about the valuation you require including:
- How many artworks are to be valued
- The artist name(s)
- Whether the type of valuation required is for insurance, current market value, or cultural gifts donation
- Whether you have the original documentation provided with the artwork (ie certificate of authenticity)
- Any other pertinent information
Alcaston Gallery can provide:
- Insurance valuations
- Asset Appraisals
- Valuations for benefaction under the Cultural Gifts Program and Cultural Bequests Program for the Taxation Incentives for the Arts Scheme. If you would like to know more about this taxation benefit – contact us or visit the Cultural Gifts website.